Back in 2018, I reviewed a relatively obscure iOS app called Beorg. While I liked the app, I decided I didn't want to take a plunge into the bottomless pit of Emacs and OrgMode.
Yet, in reviewing the app, I realised there is space in my life for a decent task manager. I'm doing a lot more and I'm starting to feel stretched a bit thin. Presently, my process leaves a lot to be desired. I mostly use lists, spread across in Apple Notes and Ulysses, and things are slipping through the cracks on a daily basis.
So, I've decide to embark on a quest to find myself the perfect task manager -- or at least perfect for my needs.
I'm looking to meet the following requirements:
- First class citizen on macOS and iOS.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Not too expensive.
- Simple rather than complex.
- Attractive and intuitive UI.
- Can be automated, either through a scripting language or Shortcuts.
- I'll probably think of something else, too.
I already have a couple of apps in mind, but am always on the lookout for other options, so hit me up with suggests in the comments!
Cover Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash